[SCore-users] RedHat 9.0 installation

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Fri Nov 7 18:41:46 JST 2003

In article <200311071030.45932.klaas at ccrl-nece.de> Jens Klaas <klaas at ccrl-nece.de> wrotes:
> > Yes, you must recompile from source.
> > But SCore 5.4 don't compile on redhat 9.
> > The probrem will be fixed on Next SCore release.
>
> Is it in principle possible to compile the Score 5.4 source on redhat 9.0=
> ? I=20
> mean... does it make sense to spent some time to change the configure scr=
> ipt=20
> to make it possible, or is it really incompatible with something deep ins=
> ide=20
> redhat 9.0?

To compile on redhat 9, I change some score source as following reason:
1. boolean type is changes in libbfd.
   In redhat 8.0, it is:
       typedef enum bfd_boolean {false, true} boolean;
   but redhat 9.0 is:
       typedef int bfd_boolean;
   This change is cause compile error in
       score-src/SCore/mttl-ult/ult/heterosetup.c

2. errno is change from variable to macro:
   This change compile error in PBS and OpenPBS.

3. To link X11 program, you must add -lpthread.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa