[SCore-users] RedHat 9.0 installation

Jens Klaas klaas at ccrl-nece.de
Fri Nov 7 18:30:45 JST 2003

<Pine.LNX.4.44.0311061713030.3683-100000 at kenzo.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> Bogdan
Costescu <bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrotes:
> > On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Jens  Klaas wrote:
> > > did somebody of you already try a binary install of Score 5.4 on a
> > > RedHat 9.0 box?
> >
> > Binary installs for distributions so different (as Red Hat 7.3 vs. Red
> > Hat 9) usually fail. The best solution is to recompile from source.
>
> Yes, you must recompile from source.
> But SCore 5.4 don't compile on redhat 9.
> The probrem will be fixed on Next SCore release.

Is it in principle possible to compile the Score 5.4 source on redhat 9.0? I
mean... does it make sense to spent some time to change the configure script
to make it possible, or is it really incompatible with something deep inside
redhat 9.0?

cu
	Jens
--
Jens Klaas, Dipl. Ing.                    Technical Leader: Network & Systems
NEC Europe Ltd.                           C&C Research Laboratories