[SCore-users] mpirun STDIN usage with Score

Atsushi HORI hori at swimmy-soft.com
Mon Sep 30 22:49:22 JST 2002

Hi.

>Well, there is no release and documentation yet which would probably
>answer my question so: you said that for rank 0, STDIN would be
>automatically forwarded. Would that work for both mpirun and scrun, would
>it need any special flags ?

No, you do not need any specila flags and mpirun should also work
with STDIN in the same way with scrun. Because the SCore mpirun is a
script and EXEC scrun eventually.

>Thank you for the explanation and the interface seems quite logical to me.
>However, CHARMM only needs to do I/O on rank 0, so we don't need
>redirection for all ranks. But should I understand that in order to
>support loops in CHARMM I should still use this feature which would copy
>STDIN and then let CHARMM do rewinds on a normal file ?

Yes. Is this inconvenient ? I understand that you want to have a
generic script to run your programs on different platfroms, but as
you said, many MPI does not support the "redirection" and I believe
there is no general way with this.

----
Atsushi HORI
Swimmy Software, Inc.