[SCore-users] mpirun STDIN usage with Score

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 30 23:28:07 JST 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Atsushi HORI wrote:

> No, you do not need any specila flags and mpirun should also work
> with STDIN in the same way with scrun. Because the SCore mpirun is a
> script and EXEC scrun eventually.

Very clear ! Thank you !

> Yes. Is this inconvenient ?

Not that much. What I'm looking for is consistency. I try to "educate" our
users to write and test their CHARMM scripts on the single CPU computers
in order not to waste precious time on the parallel computers. Then when
migrating the scripts we discover all sorts of problems like this. F.e. if
the rewind on STDIN doesn't work, the script has to be re-written then
re-tested; if rewind on STDIN works, but starting the job is different
there is already an improvement and the users can read some more docs or I
can eventually hide it under some scripting.

Thank you again !

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868