[SCore-users] mpirun STDIN usage with Score

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 30 22:24:12 JST 2002

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Atsushi HORI wrote:

> In the next SCore release, SCore-D supports "redirection" of STDIN
> and STDOUT.

Well, there is no release and documentation yet which would probably
answer my question so: you said that for rank 0, STDIN would be
automatically forwarded. Would that work for both mpirun and scrun, would
it need any special flags ? I'm asking this because I'm trying to create
an uniform way of starting parallel jobs on all our parallel resources; so
far I think that only SCore doesn't use mpirun to start the job (as it
needs scrun+scatter). For all others, we use something like:

mpirun -np 8 charmm <input >& output

> This is very similar to the one found in Unix shell, no I
> should say I implemented the same mechnism. ...

Thank you for the explanation and the interface seems quite logical to me.
However, CHARMM only needs to do I/O on rank 0, so we don't need
redirection for all ranks. But should I understand that in order to
support loops in CHARMM I should still use this feature which would copy
STDIN and then let CHARMM do rewinds on a normal file ?

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868