[SCore-users] PM/Ethrnet

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Thu Dec 19 10:05:15 JST 2002

In article <Pine.HPX.4.44.0212181708310.4349-100000 at kinga.cyf-kr.edu.pl> Marcin Krol <mykrol at cyf-kr.edu.pl> wrotes:
> I have installed SCore 5.2.0 using EIT on just two nodes - the server is a
> compute node as well. The server and the other node have different
> ethrenet cards. During the installation I had to add sis900.o driver to
> the boot diskette, but the it went smoothly. After the installation all
> score programs failed and I noticed that pm_ethernet does not work. When I
> wanted to run it on the server node (# /etc/init.d/pm_ethernet start) I
> got the error message
> etherpmctl: ERROR on unit 0 :"Operation not supported (95)"

If you want to use PM/ethernet, you must change kernel with PM/ethernet driver.
If you don't reboot server host after end of EIT, please reboot the server host.

> On the compute node the error was:
> etherpmctl: Error on unit 0: " Device or resource busy (16)"

I think the compute host already execute /etc/init.d/pm_ethernet
when the host is booted.
(If you reboot server host, pm_ethernet script is executed
on server host, too.)
Please check:
   % dmesg | grep pm
or