[SCore-users] IRQ

Marcin Krol mykrol at cyf-kr.edu.pl
Fri Dec 20 22:22:29 JST 2002

Thank you for the PM/ethernet answer, the problem was that EIT didn't
change the grub.conf file and after reboot the server machine startes with
the old kernel.
Unfortunately I have another problem - when I run all mpic++ applications
except for hello.cc (found in examples directory), either in single-, or
multi-user environment, the server machine hungs and I have to switch the
power off to reboot it. hello.cc works, but it takes about 1 min to
execyte it. A compute node writes out a message:
spurious 8259A interrupt in IRQ7
I checked /proc/interrupts on the server and the compute nodes and they
look like:
Server:

marcin at node6 marcin]$ more /proc/interrupts
	   CPU0
     0:     104979          XT-PIC  timer
     1:        440          XT-PIC  keyboard
     2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
     4:       4554          XT-PIC  serial
     8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
     10:       2051          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, eth0
     11:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
     12:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, via82cxxx
     14:      12039          XT-PIC  ide0
     NMI:          0
	 LOC:     104941
	 ERR:         14
	 MIS:          0
[marcin at node6 marcin]$

and the compute node
           CPU0
	     0:      57890          XT-PIC  timer
	       1:       2307          XT-PIC  keyboard
		 2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
		   5:          0          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
		     8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
		      12:        389          XT-PIC  usb-ohci, eth0, PS/2 Mouse
		       14:      19309          XT-PIC  ide0
		       NMI:          0
		       LOC:      57853
		       ERR:          1