[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] netwrok restart

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi @ flab.fujitsu.co.jp
2005年 4月 20日 (水) 10:34:08 JST

Hi.

From: kameyama @ pccluster.org
Subject: Re: [SCore-users] netwrok restart
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:27:06 +0900

kameyama> In article <2b882deb11a904641de188dbe7168d8c @ streamline-computing.com> Atsushi HORI <hori @ streamline-computing.com> wrotes:
kameyama> > On 2005/04/19, at 21:53, Gabriel Dimitriu wrote:
kameyama> >
kameyama> > > I had put this in ifcfg-eth0 and I rerun all servers
kameyama> > > and nothing was happening.Did I done corect the
kameyama> > > modification ?
kameyama>
kameyama> The max_interrupt_work is parameter of network driver module.
kameyama> You must modify /etc/modules.conf for example, if you use eepro100 network
kameyama> driver, please add following line in /etc/modules.conf:
kameyama>     options eepro100 max_interrupt_work=100000

Also, you have to reload the driver or reboot the cluster system.

Shinji.

kameyama> > > I mention that the "sceptic -v -g pcc" works fine, so
kameyama> > > if it was a configurantion problem sceptic should give
kameyama> > > an error, isn't it ?
kameyama> >
kameyama> > Well, PM, which is the name of low-level communication library inside
kameyama> > SCore, has a totally different protocol from well-known protocols such
kameyama> > as TCP/IP. Therefor PM stresses Ethernet driver quite a different way.
kameyama> > Your problem happens because of this PM protocol.
kameyama>
kameyama> So if you want to work PM/ethernet better, you may modifies
kameyama> NIC driver setting and pm-ethernet.conf parameters.
kameyama> (These settings are depended NIC hardware and NIC device driver.)
kameyama>
kameyama>                        from Kameyama Toyohisa
kameyama> SCore-users mailing list
kameyama> SCore-users @ pccluster.org
kameyama>
------