[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] help:a lot of questions in installing score

David Werner david.werner @ iws.uni-stuttgart.de
2004年 2月 28日 (土) 00:44:34 JST

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 02:15:54PM +0100, David Werner wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 07:13:24PM +0800, moral moral wrote:
> > hello everyone ,there are some question when I install score.
> > 1.I cann't rsh the computers in my cluster.
>
> Hello,
>
> Not that rsh called without a remote command will
> use the service rlogin to start an interactive shell.
>
> Make sure that a) rshd and rlogind are installed,
> b) rshd and rlogind are beeing configured into 'inetd' or 'xinetd'.
> c) If your linux uses pam-libs (most do it now) it is required
>    (as far as i know) that /etc/pam.d contains configuration
>    for rsh and rlogin.

Hi again,

Also our installation has entries 'rsh', 'rlogin' in /etc/securetty
to allow root access with rsh.
I'm not sure if that is really requiered to run score.
I think the FAQ mentions that you should seperate
the cluster-node-field from direct internet access for
security reasons.

Greetings,
	David