[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] help:a lot of questions in installing score

Atsushi HORI hori @ swimmy-soft.com
2004年 2月 27日 (金) 09:49:45 JST

Hi, all,

>Not that rsh called without a remote command will
>use the service rlogin to start an interactive shell.
>
>Make sure that a) rshd and rlogind are installed,
>b) rshd and rlogind are beeing configured into 'inetd' or 'xinetd'.
>c) If your linux uses pam-libs (most do it now) it is required
>   (as far as i know) that /etc/pam.d contains configuration
>   for rsh and rlogin.

Or, invoke "scoutd" on all compute hosts. The scout command tries to
connect scoutd and, if failed, then tries to invoke "scremote" using
rsh.

>> 2.when I do"msgb -group pcc" ,there is a warning : sever.pccluster.org
>> maybe dead .and "cann't find host list".
>
>Make sure that scoreboard is running.
>Make sure that "scorehosts -g pcc -r" gives you a list of cluster-nodes.

Yes.

>> 3.how can I make sure whether scoreboard and msgberv has been started
>
>The command 'ps' or 'ps -auxww'  will list running processes on your
>computer.
>You might try the command 'grep' to filter the long list of
>processes e.g. 'ps -auxww | grep msgbserv'.

Yes, exactly.

>> 4.when I do "export SCBDSERV server.pccluster.org " there is a warning
>> :"server.pccluster.org is not a valid identifier". why?
>
>Type it with equal sign "export SCBDSERV=server.pccluster.org".
>The syntax to export variables into your environment
>is shell dependent use "setenv" without equal sign
>if you are csh- or tcsh-user.

Just one important thing to remeber. Check the hostnames (/etc/hosts
and /opt/score/etc/scorehosts.db) by using "officialname" SCore
command. If the hostnames in the scorehosts.db file is different from
the output of the officialname command, then SCore may fails to find
proper hosts.

----
Atsushi HORI
Swimmy Software, Inc.