[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] Help: Trouble in installing compute node

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou @ nju.edu.cn
2003年 6月 25日 (水) 19:06:17 JST

Kameyama-san and score users,

After tracing back the archive of the mailing list, we at last created the floppy
following the instructions for adding e1000 NIC driver into the boot image in
the mail posted by Kameyama-san in last October. Currently, we are using D-Link
550T Gigabit NIC on all of our compute nodes. The driver for the card has been
compiled and linked with Score kernel source.

The problemn is when we tried to use the floppy to boot the compute nodes, we got
following error messages:
    No DHCP Server specified. Use broadcast.
    SIOCSIFADDR No such device

I have noticed the posts from Mr. Ramesh, it seems the problem we are facing is a
little bit similar to the one Ramesh addressed. I have checked the status of my server
according to Kameyama-san's suggestions in the mail trails, and it seems no problem.
What's wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

Huiqun Zhou