[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] Question: Checkpointing and Sequential Programs

Ulrich Oelmann ulrich.oelmann @ iws.uni-stuttgart.de
2003年 6月 25日 (水) 19:05:38 JST

Dear list!

If I start a sequential program on our SCore_5.0 Cluster using SCores
system(6) command and try to generate a checkpoint later, the program
catches the sent SIGQUIT signal and immediately terminates instead of
producing a checkpoint.

As the program does not violate any of the limitations that are
necessary for checkpointing, I suspect the way system(6) works to make
checkpointing impossible.

Does anybody know a way around this problem? Can I still use Scores
system(6) command or do I have to change my sequential program into a
pseudo parallel program by artificially turning it into a MPI program?

Best regards
Ulrich Oelmann