[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Root password after EIT installation on nodes

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2003年 2月 24日 (月) 09:28:49 JST

In article <1045757464.1135.20.camel @ belldandy> Henryk Feider <vegeta @ nerv-center.de> wrotes:
> The password is set in /etc/passwd on the nodes (I boot it with 'init
> /bin/sh' to find out). But even using the keyboard on the node, I can
> not log into it. The 'ssh' fails too.

Please check /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow on the nodes.
If /etc/passwd is following:
    root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
(password field is x), root password is stored in /etc/shadow.
I think password field is same as server host.
If this is diffirent, please change to password using passwd command (boot with
"init /bin/sh").

Can you use "su" to normal user?
    % su
    Password:
    #
If you can become root using su, please check /etc/securetty.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa