[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] problems with jobs locking cluster

Jure Jerman jure.jerman @ rzs-hm.si
2003年 2月 21日 (金) 15:00:12 JST

Dear all,

sometimes I have annoying problem with score: when for instance
the deadlock is detected, score tries to attach gdb debugger
to the process, but in my case this fails due to the DISPLAY
problems (Can not open DISPLAY - even if I set the DISPLAY variable explicitly
and I am able to run other X applications it
does not work). The problem is that such a process lock whole
machine: it just hangs there and no other no jobs are running,
no jobs can be submitted and even no jobs can be aborted or killed.
The only solution is to restart sc_watch.

Does anyone has an idea how to:

1. get the gdb working with score
2. prevent score of attaching debugger to the process when not desired
    (cron submitted job for example)
3. generaly handle the situation where some jobs can not be killed via
    sc_console.

I am using Score 5.2.0.

Many thanks in advance, Jure Jerman