[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] SCore-installation

master.of.brainless.things @ gmx.net master.of.brainless.things @ gmx.net
2002年 6月 20日 (木) 00:38:29 JST

here again a short brief description of our cluster configuration,
because we don't know, if we exaplaind that just good enough:
-----------------        -----------------
|   frontend    |        | comp4         |
|   RedHat7.2   |  |-----| RH7.2         |---------------|
|   SCore5.0.1  |  |     | SCore5.0.1    |               |
-----------------  |     -----------------               |
     |             |                                     |
     |     |-------|                                     |
     |     |             -----------------               |
     |     |             | comp5         |               |
     |     |     |-------| RH7.2         |-------|       |
     |     |     |       | SCore5.0.1    |       |       |
    -----------------    -----------------     ---------------
    | 100Mb Ethernet|                          | myrinet2k   |
    |     switch    |                          |   switch    |
    -----------------    -----------------     ---------------
           |     |       | comp6         |       |       |
           |     |-------| RH7.2         |-------|       |
           |             | SCore5.0.1    |               |
           |             -----------------               |
           |             -----------------               |
           |             | comp7         |               |
           |-------------| RH7.2         |---------------|
                         | SCore5.0.1    |
                         -----------------
(this looks just fine in blockcharacter mode, and i hope this picture
 will still live after emailing, in outlock xpress it looks horrible)

So, not according to the installation guide, we don't install RedHat7.2
with all packages on the frontend. Could this be the hole problem???
After SCore5.0.1 installation on the frontend, we installed the comp4-7 via
the eit-bootdisk.

We don't know if we really got the idea how the scstest works, but as
Atsushi HORI
(thanks fo that hint) mentioned, the "link-descriptions", whitch should be
the
pm-myrinet.conf, pm-ethernet.conf,etc. and the scorehosts.db looks just
fine.
We can't find any problem. or ment you something else with "description"?
also, now we restarted scoreboard after changes on scoreboard.db.
all config files in /etc seems to be good,too, according to the guide.

the "scstest -network myrinet2k" and "scstest -network ethernet" both fails
with:
>Host (comp5.cluster.domain) unreachable.
>Host (comp4.cluster.domain) unreachable.
>Host (comp4.cluster.domain) unreachable.
>Host (comp4.cluster.domain) unreachable.

Our last option would be to install the frontend again (full packages,
Score)
and all nodes again.
But probably that would not solve that problem...

Thanks again for your help

Peer Ueberholz and Alexander Golks