[SCore-users] (no subject)

Mark Ellerby issmde at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 20:21:19 JST 2003

Hi Kameyama and SCore list,

Thanks for your suggestion (below). I have added the option nfsvers=3 to
the mount options on all compute nodes, and remounted the shared
partition:

snowdon.leeds.ac.uk:/scratch on /scratch type nfs
(rw,noac,nfsvers=3,addr=192.168.1.254)

But we are still having the same problem:

<0:0> SCORE: 32 nodes (16x2) ready.  File locking failed in
ADIOI_Set_lock. If the file system is NFS, you need to use NFS version 3
and mount the directory with the 'noac' option (no attribute caching).
[0] MPI Abort by user Aborting program !  [0] Aborting program!

--------------
>In article <200307300828.26514.nick at streamline-computing.com> Nick
>Birkett
><nick at streamline-computing.com> wrotes:
>> > <0:0> SCORE: 32 nodes (16x2) ready.  > File locking failed in
>> ADIOI_Set_lock. If the file system is NFS, you
>>
>> need
>>
>> > to use NFS version 3 and mount the directory with the 'noac' option
>(no
>> > attribute caching).
>>
>> (fstab)  server:/scratch /scratch nfs
>> rw,suid,dev,exec,auto,nouser,async,noac 0 0
>
>Please add following option, too:
>    nfsvers=3 nfs(5) says default nfs version is 2.
---------------------

Streamline Computing recently did a SCore upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4 for
us. The code was working before the upgrade, there were no such complaints
from SCore about MPI-IO. I mention it just in case it helps you diagnose
the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help
Mark

--
Mark Ellerby              ISS, Leeds University
White Rose Grid           issmde at leeds.ac.uk
Support Officer           0113 3435429