[SCore-users] physical memory limit??

Atsushi HORI hori at swimmy-soft.com
Thu Jul 17 10:27:26 JST 2003

Hi,

>I was trying to see the effect of swapping in SCore. So, I tried to
>run three MG (NAS)
>benchmarks at the same time but one of them is rejected because of
>memory limitations. I think
>it rejects jobs when the physical memory is exhausted. Is there a
>way to use the swap memory
>also?

Use the sc_sonsole command and type the following

% sc_console <scored-server-hostname>
SCore-D Console: limit queue all memory 300
SCore-D Console: limit
<limit values are displaed>
SCore-D Console:  exit
Disconnected. Reconnect ? (or ^D to exit) ^D
%

In this case, limit value is set to 3 times (300%) of physical memory
size.

I have ever tried what you are going to do. Amazingly, the NPB jobs
could run very well (scale ?) even if the total memory consumption is
more than the physical memory size at that time.

I would appreciate it if you would let me know your result.

----
Atsushi HORI
Swimmy Software, Inc.