[SCore-users] Question: Checkpointing and Sequential Programs

Atsushi HORI hori at swimmy-soft.com
Wed Jul 9 17:47:07 JST 2003

Hi,

I found that nobody answered for you !!

>If I start a sequential program on our SCore_5.0 Cluster using SCores
>system(6) command and try to generate a checkpoint later, the program
>catches the sent SIGQUIT signal and immediately terminates instead of
>producing a checkpoint.
>
>As the program does not violate any of the limitations that are
>necessary for checkpointing, I suspect the way system(6) works to make
>checkpointing impossible.

Aha !!

There is another SCore checkpoint limitation undocummented. Any
sequential program, I mean any program which is not linked with SCore
libraries, are NOT checkpointable.

My feeling is that a sequential program running on SCore is SPECIAL
and the system command is the only way to execute sequential program
in a SPECIAL way.

I am sorry for this inconvenience, but I can not avoid this.

----
Atsushi HORI
SCore Developer
Swimmy Software, Inc.