[SCore-users] MPI-IO

Nick Birkett nick at streamline-computing.com
Thu Aug 7 15:25:26 JST 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 08:28, Nick Birkett wrote:
> Hi Score team. We seem to be having an MPI-IO problem with Score 5.4 x86
> RedHat 7.3.
> The users files are NFS mounted from the front end (RedHat 7.3 x86)

> Here is an issue that one of our users discovered, which has only started
> occuring with the new version of SCore.
>
> > <0:0> SCORE: 32 nodes (16x2) ready.
> > File locking failed in ADIOI_Set_lock. If the file system is NFS, you

I think the Romio package needs to have the nfslock service  (rpc.statd)
running on each  nfs client and on the nfs server (eg the Front End and each
compute node) when user directories are nfs mouinted.

As far as I can see RedHat 7.2 or later already does nfs version 3 by default.

nfslock is contained in the nfs-utils rpm package. nfs-utils needs to be added
and nsflock service started.

nfs-utils was included in the Score 5.0 realease but not in the Score 5.4
release.

Can  nfs-utils be added to later Score releases please ?

Thanks.

Nick