[SCore-users] mpirun STDIN usage with Score

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Sep 28 00:39:37 JST 2002

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Atsushi HORI wrote:

> Eventually I recognized that many SCore users have this trouble, I
> changed SCore-D so that the standard input to rank 0 process is
> supported as a default. This means you do not have to invoke the
> scatter process if the rank 0 process is the only one requiring
> STDIN.

Very nice ! Just one more thing that troubles us related to stdin: one of
our applications (CHARMM) likes to do rewinds of stdin in order to
simulate some loops. This works fine for all non-parallel runs that we've
tried, but some parallel environments (SCore included) have problems with
it. Will/Could this change in SCore-D change this behaviour too ?

> Please check the new SCore 5.2 which will be released in this
> November.

I won't miss it :-)

Thanks !

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868