[SCore-users] Gang scheduling details

Shreenivasa Venkataramaiah shreeni at cs.uh.edu
Tue Sep 24 02:59:34 JST 2002

Hello,

I wanted to know the exact details about the implementation of gang
scheduling in Score. I am looking for a gang scheduing system which
works in this fashion:
    - imagine a parallel application to be scheduled on 'n' nodes as 'n'
processes
    - the scheduling must be such that when this application is run such
that it has to share the nodes with other jobs, then all the processes
of this application must be scheduled on all the nodes at the same time.
Similarly all the processes must be preempted from all the nodes at the
same time (i.e. if there are still in the running state).
    - I know there are a lot of impelementation issues to be dealt with
here, but I wanted to know whether something similar is done in SCore
and if yes, what are the details of the implementation.

thanks,
shreeni.