[SCore-users] Score limitations?

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Thu Sep 19 09:43:38 JST 2002

In article <1032356762.6611.37.camel at stan.cfdlab.mcgill.ca> Amik St-Cyr CFD Lab <amik at cfdlab.mcgill.ca> wrotes:
> It seems that it works on ly if I try something
> like:
>
>  ./rpminit cn1 myrinet2k
>
> and then
>
> ./rpmtest cn1 myrinet2k -dest $node -ping
>
> where node goes from 1 to 128

In this case, $node must be node number of myrinet2k network.
(node number is specifies pm configuration file.
Please look at
    http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score/html/en/man/man5/pm-myrinet-conf.html
and your pm-myrinet.conf file.)
If cn1's node number is 0 in pm-myrinet.conf file, loop back test is:
    % ./rpmtest cn1 myrinet2k -dest 0 -ping
And if cn2's node number is 1:
    % ./rpmtest cn2 myrinet2k -dest 1 -ping
When cn64's node number is 63 and cn65's node number is 64,
point-to-point test between cn64 and sn65 is
    $ ./rpmtest cn64 myrinet2k -reply &
    $ ./rpmtest cn65 myrinet2k -dest 63 -ping
(Please kill -reply process when test is done.)

> Other tests:
>
> For the other test everithing goes fine below 64 nodes
> and crashes if I try to use more. COuld this strange behavior
> arise when the routing tables/files for the myrinet2k switch
> are wrong ?

Please check from 65th host to 128th host.
scout can specifies first host by -f option.
For example following command work from cn65 to end of host of cn group:
    % scout -g cn -f cn65

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa