[SCore-users] A few installation questions

John Uhlmann u9915240 at student.anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 17 18:43:16 JST 2002

I plan to install SCore on an existing cluster and I need to be as
friendly to the other users as possible, so I have a few questions.

The kernel pathches provided are for 2.4.18.  Is this for the standard
2.4.18 kernel, or the red hat 2.4.18-3 kernel?  Or are they
indistinguishable for our purposes?

What is the purpose of specifying fully qualified domain names?  As far
as I know, our machine doesn't have them since it is not visible to the
outside world and just uses a local DNS.

John Uhlmann