[SCore-users] PM errors

Nick Birkett nrcb at streamline-computing.com
Fri Sep 6 15:26:27 JST 2002

Hi, we having been running SCore for 18 months now using PBS batch scheduling
and running over Myrinet 2000, but are now getting some errors with a code
that was working ok (DLPOLY chemistry code):

> SCore-D 4.0 connected.
> <3> ULT:SYSCALLPANIC(../recv.c:85) PM Error (pmReceive) (32:Broken
> pipe)
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Some job(s) will not stop (4 more retry)
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Force to stop JOB 1
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Some job(s) will not stop (3 more retry)
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Force to stop JOB 1
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Some job(s) will not stop (2 more retry)
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Force to stop JOB 1
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Some job(s) will not stop (1 more retry)
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Force to stop JOB 1
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Failed to stop job(s).
> <5> SCore-D:WARNING Force to kill JOB 1

Anyone know what is the problem and how i can fix it ?

 I know it is an old version of SCore, but this is a heavily loaded system and
we cannot upgrade just yet.

Cheers,

Nick