[SCore-users] newbie deployment question ...

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Thu Oct 24 09:33:45 JST 2002

In article <200210230737.g9N7bD502677 at emilepc.ess.nec.fr> Emile CARCAMO <emile.carcamo at nec.fr> wrotes:
> 	I've read the "Hardware Information for Installation of
> 	SCore" on the pccluster.org WEB site. So, I'm quite sure
> 	there's no possibility to deploy Score 5.0.1 on a client
> 	without a built-in Ethernet board but a PCMCIA card mo-
> 	dule instead, right ?

Right.
We don't test PCMCIA card.

> 	But is there any workaround based on hacking a kickstart
> 	boot script somewhere ?? I've seen some files under :
>
> 	    /opt/score5.0.0/setup/RedHat/instimage/compconf
>
> 	that are looking like kickstart syntax so I was just won-
> 	dering if that sounds doable ??

This is kickstart file to install compute hosts.
If you insert boot floppy that created by EIT,
the host is booted linux and get IP address and some information from eitd.
And mount
     /opt/score/setup/RedHat/instimage
and
    /mnt/cdrom
on server host.
And access to kickstart file in
      /opt/score/setup/RedHat/instimage/compconf
and start install using anaconda NFS methord.

So boot floppy include at least NIC driver and nfs modules.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa