[SCore-users] Permission denied error.

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Tue Oct 1 13:39:25 JST 2002

In article <20021001040412.5877.qmail at web13905.mail.yahoo.com> Luc Simard <simard_luc at yahoo.com> wrotes:
> [root at stokes root]# scout -g cn
> SCOUT: Spawning cn38.clumeq.mcgill.caPermission
> denied.
> [cn39.clumeq.mcgill.ca]: Spawn timed out.

I thing cn40, cn41 or cn42 don't allow access to stokes.
If you whant to find the host, please execute following:
    # scout -g cn~cn3~cn40
This command execute scout all hosts belongs cn3 group excpt cn40.
If this command is successfull, you check only cn40.

Please check that host following:
1. Please check /etc/hosts.equiv.
   This file must include stokes.
2. Please rlogin (or other access) from that hosts to stokes.
   If this is fail, this host is not known server host (stoke).
   Please check this hosts's hostname lookup setting (i.e.
   /etc/nsswitch.conf, NIS domainname and bind host.)
3. If you use scoutd, please restart scoutd
      # /etc/rc.d/init.d/scoutd restart
   If you don't use scoutd (scout execute via rshd), please check
      /etc/securetty
   If /etc/securetty don't include rsh, the host don't rsh by root.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa