[SCore-users] Permission denied error.

Luc Simard simard_luc at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 13:04:12 JST 2002

Hello kameyama San & Shinji San. I'd want to thank you
for your help , you have been very helpfull.

I have another question, if you or other fellow SCORE
users have seen this, please let me know.

I work for the CLUMEQ project at McGill University, I
am part of the same team as Marting Gourdeau and Dr.
Amik St-Cyr. We have a 128 nodes system built onto
Dual Atlon 1900+ with MPX chipset, MPI is done with
Myrinet. NFS support is done through default 10/100
ethernet.

I get a "permission denied" error when I issues the
following command :

[root at stokes root]# scout -g cn

"cn" are the names of our systems.

I get the following (this is a screen grab), the
spawning works fine untill it reaches host cn38, then
it stops :

[root at stokes root]# scout -g cn
SCOUT: Spawning cn38.clumeq.mcgill.caPermission
denied.

[cn39.clumeq.mcgill.ca]: Spawn timed out.
SCOUT: Session done.

====

I also tested with :

[root at stokes root]# scorehosts -l -g cn
cn1.clumeq.mcgill.ca
cn2.clumeq.mcgill.ca
cn3.clumeq.mcgill.ca
cn4.clumeq.mcgill.ca