[SCore-users] help with gm-1.6.3 port to Score 5.2.0

Nick Birkett nrcb at streamline-computing.com
Wed Nov 27 19:29:46 JST 2002

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 07:19 pm, you wrote:

> Well, I first thought that there was an error in your message title. What
> exactly are you trying to achieve by putting GM and PM together ?

Hi Bogdan. Yes our Score kernels are always compiled with modules
pm_myrinet, pm_memory, pm_shem,pm_ethernet and gm.

There are 2 reason. First not all our customers use SCore and it saves
supporting 2 kernels. The pm and gm modules can be interchanged
quite easily via our pm and gmm startup scripts (/etc/init.d/pm stop;
./etc/init.d/gm start ).

Secondly we alway need to run the gm utility packages if there is
a problem with a Myrinet card. - Myricom require information if a card
has to be sent back.

I hope having pm and gm didn't confuse anybody. You don't need the gm
module to run Score over Myrinet.

Nick