[SCore-users] Score 4.2.1 on new Athlon systems.

Nick Birkett nrcb at streamline-computing.com
Thu Mar 7 10:16:58 JST 2002

Hi , we have been running both Score and Myricom GM.

 We now have some new systems based on Tyan Tiger MPX multi-processor boards
(1.6 GHz Athlon with DDR memory).

Pallas benchmark PMB-MPI1 compiled using -O4 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-all-loops  and with -DnoCHECK gives very poor bandwidth result for
Score Myrinet2k, whereas GM gives good one.

Score 4.2.1 gives 90Mbytes/sec point to point over Myrinet2k.

GM/MPICH (GM 1.5, MPICH 1.2..8 and 1.2.7.. ) gives twice this bandwidth
over Myrinet.

GM is using kernel 2.4.18 and  Score uses 2.4.10smp (the one that comes with
Score 4.2.1 binary release).

We have compared GM and Score on other Athlon systems and do not have this
big difference (usually bandwidth is same within a few %).

Anybody had similar problems ?

Thanks,

Nick