[SCore-users] Will my config work with SCore?

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Tue Dec 17 18:47:00 JST 2002

In article <005401c2a5a9$370bee20$3027fea9 at jonxp> "jon" <jcmcknny at uiuc.edu> wrotes:
> We'd like to run the Intel Compiler 7.0 for our codes, including icc
> (c/c++) and ifc (F90/F95).  Gcc 3.2 support is also necessary for stuff
> like Chombo-viz.

> What's the issue with compilers?  Is the issue just about how to compile
> SCore itself?  Or actual programs of the user?  I'm a bit confused about
> what's broken if anything.

In SCore 5.2, Intel compiler binary is included.
But...
1. It's binary compiled by Interl compiler version 6.0.
   But this version is not binary compatibirity between 7.0.
   (Please see /opt/intel/compiler70/docs/C++ReleaseNotes.htm)
2. You cannot use Fortran 90 compiler.
   We cannot compile Fortran 90 module with Intel compiler version 6.0.
   Fortran 90 with mpich 1.2.4/SCore has bug.

Therefor, Please apply patch by:
    http://www.pccluster.org/pipermail/score-users-jp/2002-December/001033.html
And re-compile mpich module.

SCore 5.2 binary is compiled with gcc 2.96 (redhat 7.2 default compiler).
I think, you can use MPI program with gcc 3.2 (mpicc with
-compiler-path option).
But becase C++ standard library is changed, you may not compile C++ programs
with MPI C++ bindings.

You cannot compile SCore with Intel compiler.
SCore source includes gcc depended functions
(for example, include kernel header file.)

You cannot compile SCore 5.2 itself with gcc 3.2.
SCore 5.2 has incompatibirity with gcc 3.2
(for example cpp output format is changed,
"#ifdef not" does not work with C++).

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa