[SCore-users] Will my config work with SCore?

jon jcmcknny at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 17 17:49:25 JST 2002

Hi,

I wanted to verify my understanding of SCore.

I (UIUC Astronomy dept.) plan on getting 12 Tyan Tiger i7500 dual-Xeon
MB's with 2.4Ghz Xeon's, with onboard e1000 gigabit, running RH7.3.  We
have a HP Procurve 5308xl switch (stupid with no jumbo frames, but ok).

Why?  Because SCore apparently does pretty well with the e1000, among
other things (latency is a big issue for us).

We'd like to run the Intel Compiler 7.0 for our codes, including icc
(c/c++) and ifc (F90/F95).  Gcc 3.2 support is also necessary for stuff
like Chombo-viz.

What's the issue with compilers?  Is the issue just about how to compile
SCore itself?  Or actual programs of the user?  I'm a bit confused about
what's broken if anything.

I read about certain problems with F90 lately.  Can someone that's
experienced with actual installation tell me about what problems I will
encounter, and anything I'm not thinking about? :)

Thanks!
Jonathan McKinney
UIUC
Center for Theoretical Astrophysics