[SCore-users] EIT5.2.0 installation problem

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Fri Dec 13 20:37:59 JST 2002

In article <Pine.HPX.4.44.0212121713360.6137-100000 at kinga.cyf-kr.edu.pl> Marcin Krol <mykrol at cyf-kr.edu.pl> wrotes:
> As i have different ethernet cards in server and compute nodes
> (Realtek|RTL-8139/8139C on the server, Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
> |SiS900 10/100 Ethernet on the compute nodes), I changed the driver on the
> installation floppy as described on www.pccluster.org to sis900, but it
> still doesn't work.

Please look at console 3 (CNTL-ALT-F3) and console 4 (CNTL-ALT-F4).
The cionsole 3 shows install log.
If you don't find sis900 in console 3,
Please check pcitable and module-info file
in initrd on the floppy disk.
If you find sis900 in console 3, please look at console 4.
The sonsole 4 shows kernel log.
If sis900 module installation will be fail, you may be find its reason
in console 4 messages.

> I don't quite understand why a compute node looks for
> dhcp, there is no dhcp server in my sub-network. Shouldn't it just mount
> /mnt/cdrom from the server?

EIT use DHCP protocol with poret number 1641.
Please read Overview of Installation in EIT installation guide:
    http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score/html/en/installation/eit.html

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa