[SCore-users] EIT5.2.0 installation problem

Marcin Krol mykrol at cyf-kr.edu.pl
Fri Dec 13 01:33:52 JST 2002

Dear SCore users,

In order to install SCore 5.2.0 with EIT I prepared a server machine as
described, NIS is working, installed SCore on the server, run EIT.
Everything went fine, I just follwed the instructions. Installation floppy
disk was created, I put it into a first working node, the node booted and
wrote an error message:
[...]
USING EIT5 FEATURE
mounting /proc filesystem... done
Testing .............
No dhcp_server specified. Used Broadcast
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
Try it again
[repeat 3x]
Configure Network fails
done
NFS mount : /mnt/runtime
Cannot mount
exiting
See the documentation for this trouble

As i have different ethernet cards in server and compute nodes
(Realtek|RTL-8139/8139C on the server, Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
|SiS900 10/100 Ethernet on the compute nodes), I changed the driver on the
installation floppy as described on www.pccluster.org to sis900, but it
still doesn't work. I don't quite understand why a compute node looks for
dhcp, there is no dhcp server in my sub-network. Shouldn't it just mount
/mnt/cdrom from the server?

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me, as I am stuck at the moment...
Thank you in advance
Marcin