[SCore-users] pm versus gm on SCore 5.2.0

Nick Birkett nrcb at streamline-computing.com
Sat Dec 7 05:13:51 JST 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 03:24 pm, you wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> 	So I installed kernel-source-score under /usr/src and I was able to
> 	build a "gm" module (insmod runs okay). Problem is that PM is ALREADY
> 	part of the SCore 5.2.0 as a in-kernel feature. How to disable it and
> 	then work with GM ?

In the character device section select to build all the PM stuff as modules:

 Watchdog Cards  --->
 <M> RWCP PM/Myrinet (Myricom Myrinet PCI) support
 <M> RWCP PM/Ethernet support
(4)    Max Units
[*]    Interrupt-Reaping
 <M> RWCP PM/Shmem (Shared Memory) support

You will need a startup script to load modules - see attached.

You need to edit the gm startup for the MAPPER_NODE and path to GM_HOME

Nick