[SCore-users] Slow communication

JJ jj at guest.xenya.si
Mon Aug 12 18:56:05 JST 2002

Shinji,

thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I changed the  value of
maxnsend to 16 and value of backoff to 2400 and everything works
much better now. However, the performance for small packets is
still far from the expected one.

For example, here is a part of the table for mpi_bw2:

size (Bytes) Linksys (83820) Tamarack (tc902x)
4		222059		39286
48		2.527e+06	472280
128		6.37e+06	1.28e+06
1024		2.80e+07	1.61e+07
8192		6.94e+07	4.22e+07
98304		9.22e+07	8.76e+07
524288		1.03e+08	1.11e+08

The performance of tc902x is better for huge messages, as you can see.
I will read the suggested manual, but do you have any quick hint how
to get even closer to desired performance?

The driver was added as a source to Longshine gigabit card and
it was written by Craig Rich, craig_rich at sundanceti.com. There
is nothing written about the license.

Jure