[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Experiences with dual-core cpus?

Kameyama Toyohisa kameyama @ pccluster.org
2006年 7月 27日 (木) 11:39:49 JST

Thomas Kobienia wrote:
> Markus Fischer schrieb am Freitag, den 21. Juli 2006:
>>> We plan to expand our 8 dualcpu compute node cluster with 6 dual-core
>>> dualcpu compute nodes. We use a myrinet2k with fc. Our existing nodes
>>> have 2 intel xeon cpus. We've got offers with intel xeon dempsey and
>>> amd opteron 265 cpus.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to use the old and new nodes together? Are there known
>>> problems with such a mixed cluster?
>
>> hopefully you have D or later Myrinet cards to run MX.
>
> The old nodes have m3f-pci64b-2 cards. The new nodes offers are with
> myrinet cards D or F. Will this work together?

MX is supported only D or later cards.
If you want to use M3F cards and D or F card under Myricom environment,
you must use GM 2.1.x.
Please see as following pages;
    http://www.myri.com/scs/linux-gm2.html

If you use PM/myrinet2k, please try to use PM/Myrinetxp.
Please change type to myrinetxp and -firmware:file to
/opt/score/share/lanai/lanaixp.mcp In /opt/score/etc/scorehosts.db.)
lanaixp.mcp include firmware for M3 cards, but I don't test it.

Kameyama Toyohisa