[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Experiences with dual-core cpus?

Thomas Kobienia tk @ Informatik.TU-Cottbus.DE
2006年 7月 21日 (金) 17:59:20 JST

Dear Markus Fischer,

Markus Fischer schrieb am Freitag, den 21. Juli 2006:

> >We plan to expand our 8 dualcpu compute node cluster with 6 dual-core
> >dualcpu compute nodes. We use a myrinet2k with fc. Our existing nodes
> >have 2 intel xeon cpus. We've got offers with intel xeon dempsey and
> >amd opteron 265 cpus.
> >
> >Is it possible to use the old and new nodes together? Are there known
> >problems with such a mixed cluster?

> hopefully you have D or later Myrinet cards to run MX.

The old nodes have m3f-pci64b-2 cards. The new nodes offers are with
myrinet cards D or F. Will this work together?

with best regards,
Thomas Kobienia
--
wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter