[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] help: My new kernel cannot identify Ethernet !

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2004年 3月 10日 (水) 13:19:43 JST

In article <BAY9-F47Q2b2j6McHEf000715ed @ hotmail.com> "li jia" <hnsyljiajia @ hotmail.com> wrotes:
>    After updating my kernel , I installed a Lenovo 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
> PCI Adapter in Linux 2.4.18, because the system cannot identify it , I
> install the driver by hand . After the system restart , it can identify it
> automatically now .But after I enter Linux 2.4.21 , it cannot automatically
> identify the Enthernet. Once I enter the system , I have to run :
>    # insmod tulip .
>    How can I settle the problem ? Thank you !

The device driver must be installed by kernel version.
If you install the driver on 2.4.18, and you don't install on 2.4.21,
you must install the driver on 2.4.21, too.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa