[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] help: problems of installing PBS

moral moral moral9692 @ hotmail.com
2004年 3月 7日 (日) 15:47:07 JST

Hello!

   I have some questions when I installed PBS.The procedure I install PBS
is as follows:

   (First) I create a file named"/opt/score/etc/pbs_server_name"on every
computers in my cluster and wrote "score1.ustb.cn" in it(it is my server 's
name).

   (Second) I run:"# cd /opt/score/install
	      # ./pbs_mkdirs aux server
	   # cp dedicated_time holidays resource_group sched_config \
	    /var/scored/pbs/sched_priv
              % /opt/score/sbin/scbd2pbs pcc >
/var/scored/pbs/server_priv/nodes

   In this step,I didn't have "/sched_priv "and "/server_priv/nodes"
directory .I created it myself.

   (Third) I run command on my compute hosts:score2.ustb.cn and
score3.ustb.cn by
               # /opt/score/install/pbs_mkdirs aux mom
           then I create "mom_priv/config"file by hand and wrote "
           $logevent 0x1ff
	$clienthost score1.ustb.cn
           "  in the file
   (Fourth) I go back to my server:score1.ustb.cn and create
"mom_priv/config " by hand .then I wrote "
          $logevent 0x1ff
	$clienthost score1.ustb.cn
	$clienthost score2.ustb.cn
           $clienthost score3.ustb.cn
     " in this file.

   (Fifth) I initiated PBS on my every computers
         I run "% su
	# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pbs_mom start
           " on both my server and compute hosts.
    then the problem appear.
        On compute hosts ,the result is :"starting pbs_mom:pbs_mom:is not
installed."
        On server  hosts ,the result is :"starting pbs_mom: failed"

why did this problem happen? how can I solve it?
if pbs_mom really has not been installed on compute hosts ,how can I
install it ?
why did my server fail to start pbs_mom after I have installed PBS on the
server?
why so many directories I must create it myself,such as"mom_priv
","/server_priv"and "sched_priv"?Do you think there maybe something wrong?

Greetings
                                                  yours moral
                                                  2004.3.7