[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] features mentioned in release notes of score 5.0

David Werner david.werner @ iws.uni-stuttgart.de
2004年 2月 16日 (月) 23:25:45 JST

Dear List-Readers,

The file release/new5-0.html contains the
following section:

>   $ scrun -group=pcc ./a.out
>    5. A notation of the host group specification is enhanced
>       Assume that the pcc1 group consists of host1, host2, host3, and
>       host4 and the pcc2 group consists of hosta, hostb, hostc, and
>       hostd.
>          + -group=pcc1+pcc2
>            In this example, all hosts of both pcc1 and pcc2 groups are
>            used.
>          + -group=pcc1~host2
>            In this example, host1, host3, and host4 are used
>          + -group=pcc1:2+pcc2:2
>         + -group=pcc1 @ host3:2+pcc2:2
>            In this example, host3, host4, hosta, and hostb are used
>    6. The execution hosts may be defined in a file
>
>    $ scrun -file=machines.LINUX ./a.out
>       In the above example, the host list in the machines.LINUX file is
>       used. An example of the machines.LINUX file is shown as follows:
>
>host1
>host2
>host3

I configured two different host-groups and one which
contains all hosts i.e. "pcc". Now with scoutd there seem to
be no problem to speak to the hosts in the groups seperately.
But scrun in multiuser mode here does not care
of which group was specified in the options.
Also using those syntax from above seems to have no impact at all.
It always behaves like it was speciefied as pcc.
If these features work, I would vote for to put
that information from the release notes also into the manpage.
Any comments on this?

Cheers,
	David