[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Receate installation disk for new NICs

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2004年 4月 22日 (木) 17:55:57 JST

In article <001101c4281e$f637f9d0$1a00a8c0 @ geohpclab.nju.edu.cn> "Huiqun Zhou" <hqzhou @ nju.edu.cn> wrotes:
> I just replaced NICs of all my cluster machines (server and compute nodes).
> Is there a convenient way to change settings on the server and create new
> installation disk with new NIC driver without re-installing my server?

Basically, you replacy only NIC driver on the all hosts and
(id you use PM/ethernet) pm-ethernet.conf.

If the NIC driver module is in current kernel,
please edit /etc/modules.conf.
Otherwise you must get tghe NIC driver and compile it.

If you use PM/ethernet, please replace pm-ethernet.conf.
This file can be create "mkpmethernetconf" command for example:
    % mkpmethernetconf -g pcc -speed 100 > /opt/score/etc/pm-ethernet.conf
Please see also following manual:
    http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score/html/en/man/man8/mkpmethernetconf.html

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa