[SCore-users-jp] AW: [SCore-users] Some probs when installing IBM HS20 Blades (Bla decenter) Linux Re dHat 7.3 engl.

André Motzkus Motzkus @ ifr.de
2003年 9月 9日 (火) 22:37:23 JST

Hello Bogdan,

thanks for your response.

So i forgot to say, that i´m tried
of course to use the right NIC driver
Modules that match to the used kernel.

The Prob here is, that nobody could say, if
i should use the bcm5700.o or the tg3.o
(both are Broadcom 5703 Tiga3 drivers)

In this way i was installing a native RH 7.3
on a blade for checking the installed (well working)NIC-drivers.
So i see that RH73 was installing the tg3.o driver.

But my prob - focused on my question ´bout the Kernel 2.4.18 /2.4.19 -
is : can i take the tg3.o module from the RH73 Source and
put it on the Score Boot Image ?
Does it mach?

By the way...
Yes you are right, i´m a newbie on
this field, thatswhy i didn´t understand
not all dependences as well.

So i think its easier for me to use the EIT than
the manual installation mode.

@Cloning:yes, of course - with "worst case" i mean that way of
installing
not Disc-Jockeying ;-)...