[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Some probs when installing IBM HS20 Blades (Bladecenter) Linux Re dHat 7.3 engl.

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu @ iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
2003年 9月 9日 (火) 22:17:02 JST

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, [iso-8859-1] André Motzkus wrote:

> So i include different bcm5700.o and t3.o Modules in the initrd.img
> But unfortunately without success!

It doesn't help if you do it blindly, especially if the modules were not
matched with the kernel which probably led to module versioning mismatch.
I suggest to install the RH 7.3 distribution standalone without SCore on
one blade and check that the drivers that you are trying to use work; a
standalone instalation can also be configured to use DHCP, so that you
would get as close to the EIT node configuration as possible.

> Maybe the is the problem, why bootdisk hangs up?

USB preventing an on-board Ethernet from being recognized ? Very unlikely.

> Can i configure the PXE function on "Broadcom BCM 5703 Tiga 3" NICŽs
> working on Blades ?

This would probably work, but you will be in the same situation as before
after the kernel and modules load.

> And (worst case workaround), if i install RedHat 7.3 native on every of
> the 42 Blades ...

You can use disk cloning to copy the disk after you have made one
installation. You'll have to change the IP and name on each node
afterwards.

> ... - maybe i can than connect to EIT-working Master-Server for taking
> rigth IP-address and the right Score-image? And what must i modify ?

I think that you are complicating things too much, especially things that
you don't understand well. If you manage to install RH 7.3 on each blade,
I don't think that it makes sense to re-install SCore afterwards. You just
have to follow the instructions for manual installation which will install
the SCore bits on top of the existing RH 7.3.

> Can i built modules in Score Kernel by getting out of my RH 7.3?

I don't quite understand the question, but before messing up with kernels
and modules, maybe you should do some reading, like the Linux Kernel FAQ.
Precompiled kernels and modules might not work together well; it's
probably best if the kernel and the modules come from the same source.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu @ IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De