[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Questions about Score scheduling scheme

Atsushi HORI hori @ swimmy-soft.com
2003年 5月 2日 (金) 15:29:03 JST

Hi,

>However, I have another question:
>We wanted to trick the score including call to mpi_init into the
>beginning of serial application in order that score would consider
>the application as score application (perhaps there are other ways
>to do this?). Everything was OK, checkpointing/aborting/restarting except
>that sc_watch crashed with the message:
><1> ULT:PANIC No more thread stack space

This messages says that SCore-D (Cluster Opereating System) is out of
memory. I suppose your sequential (not SCore) job consumes most of
the memory. How much swap space do you have ?

>Do you think that this error might be connected with the "dirty" trick we
>use or with another words:  is there a way to force serial job into
>a score application?

As far as I understand what you did, there would be no problem with
your "trick". The panic message comes from the system (SCore-D)
software, and not coming from the SCore runtime library.

----
Atsushi HORI
SCore Developer
Swimmy Software, Inc.