[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] NFS installation

C. Evangelinos ce107 @ dam.brown.edu
2003年 3月 18日 (火) 08:27:19 JST

Thanks to everybody for the help on the NFS installation. I think I'll
manage and will report back to the list of the results. In the
meantime I'm stuck in installing the SCore kernel on my old
heterogeneous equipment. The first two machines I tried (a PII-333 of
a stepping that is fine for SCore and a Pentium-133) have 64MB of RAM
and as they try to boot with the new kernel they run out of memory and
start killing daemons - the machine never gets much down the bootup
sequence. I'm using the i686 and i586 kernels that come in RPM format
with SCore 5.4. Is >64MB RAM a necessity for SCore?

Constantinos Evangelinos

Center for Fluid Mechanics
Brown University
and