[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Root password after EIT installation on nodes

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2003年 2月 20日 (木) 23:52:23 JST

In article <200302201232.h1KCWOY05889 @ zeralda.streamline.com> Nick Birkett <nrcb @ streamline-computing.com> wrotes:
> On Thursday 20 February 2003 12:17 pm, you wrote:
> > I already tried this, but it does not work. Problem with EIT?

EIT get password from /etc/shadow or /etc/passwd on server host.
If your root password is not here, probably root password does not set.

> Score is set up so you can rsh into the compute nodes as an ordinary user but
>
> not as root.
>
> However you can still rsh a command or rcp a file as root.

If you can rsh and rcp as root,
you can scout command as root, too.

> To enable rsh logins as root please rcp a new /etc/pam.d/rlogin to each
> compute node. I use this pam.d/rlogin
>
> (ie auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so is first line)
>

> #%PAM-1.0
> # For root login to succeed here with pam_securetty, "rlogin" must be
> # listed in /etc/securetty.

In this comment, you don7t need this file.
If you want to rlogin as user, please issue follwing command:
    # scout -g pcc
    # scout "echo rlogin >> /etc/securetty"
    # exit
                       from Kameyama Toyohisa