[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] problems with Netgear GA621

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi @ flab.fujitsu.co.jp
2003年 8月 25日 (月) 21:31:43 JST

Hi.

From: Steffen Loos <loos @ rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Subject: [SCore-users] problems with Netgear GA621
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:56:02 +0200 (MET DST)

loos> hi SCore-team,
loos>
loos> when I try to attach the GA621 with /etc/rc.d/init.d/pm-ethernet the
loos> output of dmesg shows something like:
loos> ...
loos> etherpm1: 16 contexts using 4096KB MEM, maxunit=4, maxnodes=512, mtu=1468,
loos> eth1.
loos> etherpm1: Interrupt Reaping on eth1, irq 0
loos> ...

Could you check whether the GA621 is works well or not?

The number of irq 0 is something wrong. The number 0 is for system timer.
Maybe the NIC does not work hardware interrupt.

Could you send us the results of "cat /proc/interrupts" command.

Shinji.

loos> where the other interfaces are right.
loos> when i test the performance with rpmtest(latency and bandwith) the results
loos> are very poor!
loos> without Interrupt Reaping the results are better but not really
loos> good.(latency=200mysec, bandwith=42Mbit)
loos>
loos> can anyone give me some hints whats here going wrong?
loos>
loos> as driver we use the ns83820.o
loos>
loos> thanks