[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] SCore 5.2 and Intel 82546EB-NIC

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2003年 4月 16日 (水) 09:41:39 JST

In article <c=DE%a=_%p=Delta_GmbH%l=ABAKUS-030415233655Z-1143 @ abakus.delnet> Martin Newiger <M.Newiger @ deltacomputer.de> wrotes:
> does SCore 5.2 work with the Intel 82546EB-NIC-Chip? I can't install it.
> Does 5.4 support it?

Intel 82546EB-NIC is supported on SCore 5.2 and SCore 5.4.
If you want to use EIT, please select 1Gbps_Ethernet in select boot network
device window.

> Is there any way to install from other NICs like
> D-Link DGE550SX?

At first, I think you must get linux device driver to D-Link ftp site:
    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/NIC/dge550SX/Drivers/dge550SX_driver_20200.zip
(The zip file include driver for linux.)

Because there is no the driver's information in linux kernel and redhat
PCI database, you cannot use the NIC for network installation
(include EIT).
So you must install SCore to use another NIC, and install
driver for DGE550SX, and create configuration file for PM/Ethernet.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa