[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] Re: [Mauiusers] Maui with OpenPBS and SCore

James O'Dell James_ODell @ brown.edu
2003年 4月 9日 (水) 01:36:36 JST

I'm not sure that I'm fully qualified to answer all of your questions,
so I've CC'd the SCore useres mailing lits.

First off, SCore has made some minor changes to PBS directly related to
the issue of who is the master. A SCore job gets launched on the
cluster front-end node. The front end node establishes the compute
environment by executing the "scout" command with a node-list.

First, what is the best
> way to determine which node is the master?

Currently, the SCore modifications to PBS look for a SCore property
in the nodelist and then ask the front-end to establish the environment.

Is it guaranteed to have
> certain node features.

The master must be on the front-end node and have the "scout" command
available.

Should the master only receive SCore jobs or are
> other jobs fair game.

The master can only receive SCore jobs if they are so marked by the
SCore attribute. Without the SCore attribute, the node can execute
other kinds of parallel jobs.

There might be other attributes that would be nice to pass through to
SCore, such as the network interface to use but I am not sure, in
general how to answer your question.

In the PBS node file, an attribute, score, is added to indicate which
nodes are capable of running SCore jobs.

I'm sure that the SCore developers can be more precise that I can, I've
only been working with the system for a few weeks.

Thanks for the support!

Jim