[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] OpnePBS and Score

James O'Dell James_ODell @ brown.edu
2003年 4月 4日 (金) 02:36:45 JST

I am in the process of configuring OpenPBS to run with Score.
Everything seems to be working correctly but I've hit a bit of
an issue I'd like some input on.

If I issue a command like
qsub -l nodes=8:ppn=2:score run.sh

then the node file that gets passed in to run.sh as the node file
contains 2 entries as you might expect from the ppn=2 line in the
qsub command. The trouble comes when scout tries to get a lock on the
nodes needed to run my job. Presumably it get a lock on the first entry
of a duplicate set of nodes but then when it tries to get a lock on the
second entry, it just hangs waiting for it to come free, which it never
will.

Is there an easy way resolve this issue so that users will not be
surprised?

Jim